The Guide “Supporting the Autism Spectrum Using Signing Time” provides useful information about how parents and teachers can use Signing Time to support the development of language skills and social skills of individuals on the autism spectrum. The full guide includes the following sections:
- What is Autism?
- Common Challenges for Individuals with Autism and Their Caregivers
- Sign Language for Effective Communication
- What is Signing Time?
- How Signing Time Can Help?
- How can I Incorporate Signing Time into my Child’s Treatment Program?
- Tips for Teaching and Using Signs in Daily Life
- Success Stories
Use the Autism Guide to increase communication and social skills with children on the Autism Spectrum.
This Signing Time Guide was written by Kimberly Fries, MA, CCC-SLP, who holds a Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology from the University of Central Florida and is a licensed pediatric speech and language pathologist, and Brenda Gardner-Jones MA, ECSE/Autism, who holds a Masters Degree and teaching credential in Early Childhood Special Education from San Diego State University with a focus on autism. Both Kim and Brenda are certified Instructors with the Signing Time Academy.