Episode 3: Incredible Insects
Firefly Hue helps the TreeSchoolers learn about all the ways that insects are incredible, but he's still feeling small. Together Rachel, Hue and their TreeSchooler friends learn about insects and how even small things can have a really important purpose in life. Together, they ask questions like:
- What makes an insect an insect?
- What makes insects different than other animals?
- What are the parts of an insect?
- Why are insects important?
- How can small things make a big difference?
Skills, Concepts and Values:
- how to learn (wonder, ask, learn, share)
- characteristics of insects (comparing and contrasting)
- important purposes of insects
- the value of helping others
- letters of the alphabet
- Rachel and the TreeSchoolers
- I Wonder
- Insects are Incredible
- An Insect Has...
- Bug ABCs
- We'll Find You, Bugs!
- Share It
Research shows that signing can help preschool children learn and remember how to spell the words they hear and read. In this episode, Rachel teaches the signs for all the letters of the alphabet: A-Z! Learn more ASL signs in the Signing Time series.
Metamorphosis - Antennae/Antenna - Creeping Kids (not creepy!) - Rachel Outtakes - "A Rainy Day" preview - "Incredible Insects" preview
How are TreeSchoolers videos different from Signing Time videos?
- The goal of TreeSchoolers is to teach a complete preschool curriculum.
- The goal of Signing Time is to teach ASL signs.
- Both shows feature original songs by Emmy-nominated host, Rachel Coleman.
- Both shows feature ASL signs. Signing Time completely focuses on signing. And since research shows that signing can help preschool children learn and remember new concepts, it was natural to include a handful of ASL signs in TreeSchoolers, too!
Watch your child fall in love with learning!
This curriculum-based series prepares preschoolers for kindergarten by teaching essential concepts and social skills (like kindness, teamwork, persistence and sharing) while nourishing your child's self esteem. Emmy-nominated host Rachel Coleman (from Signing Time) teaches children not only what they can learn, but how to learn! Watch your child become actively engaged in learning through songs, signs, stories, and dance.