Episode 2: Plants and Flowers
Rachel and the TreeSchoolers are getting ready for the Flower Fair, but first they need to help Bongo learn more about flowers so he can pick out his favorite for the fair. Along the way they work together to answer questions such as: How do plants grow?What do plants need to live?What is photosynthesis?What are the parts of a plant?How can we work together to learn something new?
Skills, Concepts and Values: How to learn (wonder, ask, learn, share)plant life cyclephotosynthesisproblem solvingnumbers and countingsign languagecooperation
About this DVD + Music CD Set
The DVD is 30 minutes, subtitled, and includes special features. The CD features 8 original songs written by Rachel Coleman with sing-along tracks for each:
- Rachel and the TreeSchoolers
- I Wonder
- Flower Fair
- Grow Little Seed
- 5 Spring Flowers
- Rain Dance
- Share It
Research shows that signing can help preschool children learn and remember essential concepts, so we've included a handful of supporting signs in this episode: air - sun - food - soil - water - wind - rain
Rain Dance Signs - Photosynthesis Freestyle - Flower Fun - Rachel Outtakes - Incredible Insects preview
How are TreeSchoolers videos different from Signing Time videos?
- The goal of TreeSchoolers is to teach a complete preschool curriculum.
- The goal of Signing Time is to teach ASL signs.
- Both shows feature original songs by Emmy-nominated host, Rachel Coleman.
- Both shows feature ASL signs. Signing Time completely focuses on signing. And since research shows that signing can help preschool children learn and remember new concepts, it was natural to include a handful of ASL signs in TreeSchoolers, too!